First of all, the page work well on all Macs and PCs (and mobiles), is web responsive. The web site fell you welcome, because there are some white blanks where you can relax your look, there aren’t much text and the colours are neutral. But they only use it to give information about: contact, where the client receives an attention more personalised for the accomplishment of his order, where they are located, and the social networks that they are in.
There’s no navigation because everything’s appears at first sight. So, the benefits of visiting the site are immediately clear, which are bring the client information of contact.
They have link directly to his social networks; Twitter, You Tube and Facebook, where the user can find additional information about what the company do, and content of interest for the target (also they use Instagram, but it’s not announced in the site).
So, in the site you can only see the contact and the social networks of Coquo Catering.
If I focus on the positioning of the web site, there are a few interesting things. In Google we can find the business:
If we search “catering vilanova i la geltru” in Google, one of the first results are Coquo Catering.
They do a good SEO positioning; we can see that the company are on different platforms, as Facebook. They are too in “Eix Diari”, it’s a diary of Vilanova i la Geltrú (where the company is) so they use this platform as a partner to make them know.
Social media is the collective of online communications channels dedicated to community-based input, interaction, content-sharing and collaboration. Is becoming an integral part of life online as social websites and applications proliferate. Most traditional online media include social components, such as comment fields for users. In business, social media is used to market products, promote brands, connect to current customers and foster new business.
The “social” part: refers to interacting with other people by sharing information with them and receiving information from them.
The “media” part: refers to an instrument of communication, like the internet (while TV, radio, and newspapers are examples of more traditional forms of media).
There are some common features:
- Social media are interactive Web 2.0 Internet-based applications.
- User-generated content, such as text posts or comments, digital photos or videos, and data generated through all online interactions, are the lifeblood of social media.
- Users create service-specific profiles for the website or app that are designed and maintained by the social media organization.
- Social media facilitate the development of online social networks by connecting a user’s profile with those of other individuals or groups.
We have to main roles that look after Social Media :
- The first one is a Social Media Manager; is responsible for being the brand on social media. They create content, respond to comments, answer questions, and much more as the brand. Social media managers, more often than not, deal with people who have a relationship with, or have heard of, the brand.
- The other one is Community Manager; is responsible for advocating the brand on social networks. They create their own social persona and actively go out within the online community to connect with potential customers and advocate the brand. Community managers typically deal with those who haven’t heard of the business they work for and boost awareness for the company.
The term social media is usually used to describe social networking sites such as:
- Facebook: an online social networking site that allows users to create their personal profiles, share photos and videos, and communicate with other user.
- Twitter: an internet service that allows users to post “tweets” for their followers to see updates in real-time.
- LinkedIn: a networking website for the business community that allows users to create professional profiles, post resumes, and communicate with other professionals and job-seekers.
- Pinterest: an online community that allows users to display photos of items found on the web by “pinning” them and sharing ideas with others.
- Snapchat: an app for mobile devices that allows users to send and share photos of themselves doing their daily activities.
The most popular nowadays ( Last Updated October 1, 2016 ) are :
- Facebook : 1,100,000,000 – Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors
- Yotube : 1,000,000,000 – Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors
- Twitter : 310,000,000 – Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors
- Linkedin : 255,000,000 – Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors
- Pinterest : 250,000,000 – Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors
- Google Plus + : 120,000,000 – Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors
- Tumblr : 110,000,000 – Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors
- Instagram : 100,000,000 – Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors
- Reddit : 85,000,000 – Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors
- VK : 80,000,000 – Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors
Coquo Càtering’ s principal objective is to gain positioning in the market, be announced. For this reason, he chooses the on-line communication as a tool to extend brand presence.
If you don’t report, you don’t exist. The company has entered in the social networks; they are in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. Where he reports to his clients, not only what he offers also the image of the company. With this, the company use internet as a tool to provide pre-and after sale to customers and to get closer to the customer, establishing dialogues, learning about them, asking them about their needs and concerns, etc.
For this motive, Coquo Càtering determines certain objectives to expire monthly:
Increase 10% the number of visits in their social networks. As InterAct objective, the company propose to increase 20% the likes in his Facebook page, also increase 50% the likes in Instagram. Because they think both are the most usefull sites to comunícate this type of services.
In my opinion, if they want to grow, it will be useful to create an e-commerce. Also, they can use their website to position themselves above their competitors and be chosen; doing a post-buy questionnaire (evaluating his satisfaction of purchase), and will be grate to create a blog with photos of the events they do.
The company have two types of clients. On the one hand, schools with an exclusive contract for their daily lunch, it means that they will always contract COQUO services for their students. Many of the schools are located in the Garraf region.
On the other hand the individuals, they are considered as clients men and women between 25 and 70 years with a middle-income, who live in Garraf district. Those people are not the main client for the Company because their orders are isolated and many of them with a low volumen. But anyway they are also important because they provide benefits during the most isolated periods, such as local parties, Christmas… At the same time, COQUO is known by his sophisticated service, because of it, many people contract them for weddings and events of importance.
These customers are defined as; current (they are up to date with developments in social networks), sociable (who spend part of their free time to be with people) and with a sophisticated taste (value quality food).